Analytic Martial Arts

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Introducing Studio X

I recently joined a new MA school which I'll refer to hereafter as "Studio X". It has no manual to speak of, just lists of forms, techniques, etc. which students are expected to learn. Students are encouraged to write down material as they learn it in order to aid in retention, serve as a reference, etc. Rather than scribbling illegibly in a notebook I'm going to write up this material here, since it'll give me an opportunity to apply the notation system I've been developing, experiment with other ways of representing techniques on paper, and generally kibitz about theory.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool. Looking forward to seeing how the notation will hold up under real use. I should maybe do the same for my IAKSA stuff.